Thursday, October 08, 2009

Pumpkins!!

A trip to the pumpkin patch with Joseph--

Nothing is ever as you plan.

Yesterday was beautiful. Clear, cool, perfect autumn day. So, after school Joseph, Alex, and I headed to the pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful, short drive. I took the back roads to enjoy the day.

We, well I, decided we should walk out to the field to choose our pumpkins rather than buy the ones already harvested. Alex pushed the wheelbarrow. Joseph stalled. He didn't want to walk. He wanted to climb on the tractor, climb on the wagon, turn around and go back to the barn, but he eventually followed.

We made it the 1/8th mile or so to the field. Alex and I started looking at all the different choices, trying to decide how big we wanted. I took out the phone to get some photos. Well... about that time Alex notices that Joseph has grabbed the wheelbarrow and was heading back to the barn. Whoops. I grabbed the biggest pumpkin I could carry, and told Alex to run and catch Joseph so I could use the wheelbarrow for at least part of the trip back.

Thus ended our visit to the pumpkin patch. We had a great time. And I didn't have a chance to get annoyed that it was taking Alex too long to decide which pumpkin he wanted!

My only photo is out of focus and doesn't show Alex's face.

2 comments:

hillary said...

That sounds fun, Lora. I can't believe it is already pumpkin time! Juni picked one out at the store today.

Claudia said...

Your boys are so grown up! Miss you guys! :)