Friday, December 29, 2006

Congratulations to Dave

Dave has purchased a new business. The deal closed today. Here is the website http://www.classroomgoodies.com/. I guess I'll have to add it to the links on my blog! This business, which sells Science, Math, and Technology supplies to the K-12 market fits well with his existing computer supplies and accessories business that focuses on schools and educational institutions.

I am very proud of him. As many of you know, he has had lean years of late. I kept thinking (or I should say, he kept reassuring me) that eventually his business would take off--and this opportunity to merge with (or take over) a bigger, existing business--is even better. So, here's to you, dear. You were right! Your patience has payed off.

I believe Dave was given this opportunity because the man that started the business trusted Dave more than any other available buyer. The original owner has done busines with Dave, and known Dave for many years. He wanted to sell the business because he is looking to retire, and has other business ventures as well. Other buyers could put more money up front, but none were as enthusiastic about keeping the existing business intact and building on its sucessful history as Dave. This is one instance where Dave's honesty and personality have finally worked for him. He was burned in the political arena by being a straight-arrow guy, but now he has an opportunity because he is a nice guy. It is such a joy to see him so excited and happy. The man has more spring in his step than I've seen in many years. Okay, he is also pretty nervous!

We are going out to dinner (at Der Dutchman) to celebrate! (Any local readers are welcome to join us!)

1 comment:

Jerry Grasso said...

Congrats - I enjoyed being in business for myself too....but the corporate job was the right move for me with the babies....and now little kids...at this point in my life. That said, I have a special place in the ol' ticker for people who try to do it on their own! Go get um Dave!

We'd meet you at that Der Dutchman if we didn't live in Atlanta....

Cheers and Happy New Year,
Jerry