Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Snow Day

Why? I'm not sure -- I think maybe all the side streets aren't plowed enough for the busses to get through.

I don't have class today, so I can stay home with boys. Note that a few days ago I blogged about finishing all my January projects. The last project was finished a bit early, leaving me free today. If I had NOT finished early, I'd be in a panic about how to finish and be with boys today. Seems pretty lucky that I was motivated to finish early.

This is the kind of thing where I can credit God. Some call it fate, or karma, or as I did in previous paragraph, luck. I can see or feel God's hand in this kind of little thing. Why don't I see it--or trust it--in the big things? I fuss and fuss and fuss over the problems our kids have. I worry so that Alex will get into serious trouble as a teenager. I worry about Joseph's behavior. Will this spike in non-compliance we have seen as he has grown too large for me to pick up easily continue into HIS teen years? If so, what on earth will we do?

So, again I ask, why if I can credit God with taking care of the little stuff, like a second snow day, do I NOT trust God with the big stuff? Like our boys' futures?

That will keep me thinking today...

No comments: