Friday, June 19, 2009

Travels with Mommy

I took a four-day, three-night, solo trip with the boys and had only a few bad moments. (Many thanks to the tolerant family members that hosted us on our journey!) The boys were well-behaved, for the most part, and I didn't lose my temper or my ability to cope. I am so dependent on Dave for "relief pitching" at the end of the day. By about 8 pm I am usually just done. Going it alone, away from home, was new for me. Advance planning helped; I had the things with me that I needed.

I'm getting lazy about watching them every second--so they get into mischief. (All part of the realization that we are running a marathon, not a sprint, and if we are going to be doing this for 26 miles/years, or there about, I'd better save some energy for the next mile.) At home it isn't such a big deal. We have locked away anything truly dangerous or valuable. Joseph went through all of Mother's mail, and took everything out of the envelope for her. She reports that she managed to match it all up again, except for one missing envelope... He also managed to find "solitaire" on computers where the owners didn't know it existed. I've not heard of any missing or damaged files and I trust my relatives would let me know, so that is all he did with the computers.

I'll post photo of boys and Grandma later. I managed to get the camera out once.

No comments: