Monday, November 30, 2009

A flock of birds








This is how I spent my Thanksgiving weekend.

I love my sewing room. Mom just gave me her 25-year-old sewing machine and I love it. I didn't think it would be that much better than my old machine, her REALLY old, 50-year-old, machine, but the "new" one is fabulous!

I love felting sweaters. If you have any old 100% wool sweaters, send them my way. Especially if they have interesting colors in them. I made the "robins" by using the part of a striped sweater that has brown and orange stripes. The robins are only shown on the photo of all of the birds... I'm not planning to keep all of these. I'm going to try to sell them at an event at Alex's elementary school--and donate the money to the school's holiday fundraiser.

If you want a bird, let me know and maybe I'll send one your way. Be sure to tell me which one is your favorite!

1 comment:

Resweater said...

I love that!