Thursday, February 11, 2010
So, here is a work in progress of which I'm actually proud. I decided to wait on the BIG wall hanging for above our fireplace until I had a better technique figured out. For this small piece (15X15) I used fusible interfacing. I was trying to do the whole wall hanging with reclaimed stuff except for the thread. It just didn't work. Nice interfacing made this MUCH easier to sew, and thus, a much more successful final product, I hope. Not quite done yet, I ran out of thread and can't find the 6 spools I bought a few weeks back when Joann had a huge sale on black and white thread. I want to put a 1 inch border in the darkest green. Photo taken with cell phone, so color isn't great.
at 11:12 AM