Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sometimes I CAN be a Good Mom

Yesterday Alex was blowing bubbles in his milk with a straw. I stopped myself from just telling him "NO, stop that, it isn't good manners." Instead, I told him, "Don't blow bubbles in your milk, it isn't good manners, but after we clean up the lunch dishes, I'll make you some soapy water--and you can blow all the bubbles you want." He actually finished his lunch and then had a blast blowing lots and lots of bubbles. Yea Alex, and yea Mom!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go! You're too hard on yourself though, you're a good mom, kids just know how to push our buttons...

Jerry Grasso said...

Great Stuff! I think we need to do this after dinner tonight!

Jerry

Jerry Grasso said...

We did this yesterday, and it was an absolutely huge hit! Thanks for the reminder...great way to get the kids to act appropriately at the table!