Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Letter to my representative...

Okay.... So I'm disturbed enough by the scenes on the news that I've been inspired to write my congressman. I think I may send the same thing to the two Ohio senators.

I support the health care reforms proposed by Obama and others in the Democratic Party.

If you need to raise taxes to support this effort, I would understand. It is necessary for us to fix some of the big problems facing our nation before our economy will ever recover.

I am the mother of two special-needs children. One is adopted. He has learning disabilities as well as emotional and social problems. The other is autistic and was born with a cleft lip and palate.

We are lucky. I work for xxxxxx, so I have access to great health insurance, although I pay a lot for our family coverage.

Please do not listen to the folks who are scared that changing our health care system will ruin our country. We are all worried about the economy, frightened by the incendiary rhetoric spewing from entertainers that pose as news commentators, and concerned about an uncertain future.

Thank you for your service to the people of Ohio.

No comments: