Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Joseph's Bus was Late

And not just a few minutes. An hour late. I'm sitting with him on the porch, as he gets more and more upset because he wants to go!!! I'm getting more and more frustrated thinking about all the other things I need to do. I don't have a chance to do Alex's reading homework, I don't get to take Alex to school (yet again, I send him with a neighbor), I don't get to linger over a second cup of coffee. All I can think about is how much I need to do today. 'Till finally, I just sit on the glider, hold Joseph and rock. It calms him, it calms me. Nothing I have to do is that important. (Don't tell that to my boss!) I can't control the bus. I can't help the substitute driver find our house unless she calls again for directions. For someone like me, who wants to control control control control, it is so hard to let it be okay that the bus is late. An hour is just an hour. I'll get it back by being really efficient today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is hard for those of us who are control freaks to handle things like late buses. Good for you to just rock Joseph and calm both of you. Hopefully you gained your hour back.