Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Obsession

I'm obsessed with the whole moving process. I've been looking at houses online 'till I can't tell if I'm seeing photos of 100 different houses or the same house over and over. The web has certainly changed the way real estate is marketed. It has been 12 or 13 years since we moved. We went driving on Sunday, found an open house or two. Saw a house I was interested in "online" and found it very useful to compare the digital presentation of the house with the real thing. Notes to self: 1) everything looks bigger in photos, 2) our clutter and familiar furniture will make any house feel like home, 3) sidewalks and bike paths are very cool!

I talked with realtor this morning about selling our current home. It is starting to feel real. They have me scared about what we can expect to get for our house, but, we will just have to find a place we want, sell our house, and buy the new one, in some order, probably not a logical order...

I'm obsessing about all of this since it is exam week and next week will be break week. I have more flexibility, so I figured I just need to dive in and start the process. I can't just talk about it--at some point I have to do it. I could use a manager for my life. Any volunteers? Your duties would include finding a great place for us to move, packing up our junk so someone will want to buy our house, and dealing with the realtors. I guess what I'm saying is I think for the next few months, there will need to be two of me.

1 comment:

Jerry Grasso said...

I've needed a manager for about the past twenty years. I could not pay this person enough money to make it worth their while though! So I guess I'll just continue pluggin' along.....