Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hiking in Salt Lake City



We went on a short hike our first day in Utah--up a canyon right in the city. Alex and I waded in this stream. It was VERY cold. It was odd to be way too hot, but have your feet be so cold they hurt.   Alex dropped a shoe in the water, and walked the rest of the morning with bare feet.  It makes me a bit crazy to watch, but I pick my battles.

Dave and Ellie, my Salt Lake City friend's 15-year-old daughter, spent the whole walk talking about how to apply to college.  Ellie is a bright, precocious, high-school girl who has big plans.  I can't wait to see what she does with her life--it will be fascinating!!   She has interests in science and math, but loves debate team.  I can see her becoming a lawyer like her mom or a scientist like her dad.  Or maybe a professor!!!!  

No comments: