Thursday, February 12, 2009

Zoo on Thursday





What I forgot to mention is that two elementary schools in the district lost power in the wind storm. Yes--the boys didn't have school. Again, it was a day I didn't have to teach. I am very lucky. We went to the zoo. Nothing like the zoo on a chilly, windy day. No people, but the animals up next to the fences. Or at least the elephants and lions were up next to the fences. The male lion graced us with a good roar. I've never heard that before. He stood and looked right toward me and Alex and growled/roared for about 30 seconds. It was pretty dramatic. A zoo employee said he hears it all the time, but that the lion always stops when he walks up. I told him the lion had stood right there and roared at us--The worker said we were really lucky! Note the photos were taken with my phone, so they are not the best.

No comments: