Thursday, December 10, 2009

Monster!!



Should this Monster be under the tree for Joseph or for Alex this Christmas? I'll make another for the other one--so it doesn't really matter.

I think I've found my medium for creativity. This wool felt is such a forgiving fabric. And making monsters is just my speed. If I make a mistake, it just adds to his monsterlyness. I was inspired by similar toys I saw on Etsy, so I can't take credit for all the creativity. If you can see his mouth, you may be able to tell that it is the pocket on a sweater vest. I stuffed him with scraps of wool felt, so even the stuffing is recycled. I love how soft he is. He should also be washable, since I already washed all the wool in hot water. He may gather lint, so I'll need to clean him off every once in awhile. I also like the fact that I made him in under two hours! Off to browse Etsy for more ideas. Well, maybe I'd better get everything else done that I need to do today before I let myself disappear into Etsy.

2 comments:

Resweater said...

Cute! I made my son a monster last year for Christmas & he loves it.
http://resweater.blogspot.com/2008/11/christmas-monster.html

Sorry for all the comments, but I just discovered your blog & love it!

hillary said...

so cute. i love how you are recycling and having fun doing it. your monsters are adorable. so are your birdie ornaments:)