Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ideas




Here are three ideas I'm thinking about for the wall hanging above the fireplace. I'd do the pattern in wool felt, sewn with blanket stitch, or overcast stitch to a backing. I might add embellishments, like the ones in my previous post, or not. I'd build the first layer and then decide. All three of these come from this web site:
http://www.pbase.com/brownsf/amish_quilts

The bottom one is my current favorite. It was made by Ada Gingerich, Arthur, IL circa 1930.

The top one is also very cool. Info the web site has says: Triangles crib quilt, Kalona, Iowa circa 1930 41"x33"

I like the middle one also, but not for our family room. Colors are not right. The info there is: Broken Dishes crib -Holmes County,OH c.1930 37"x32"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn it! I thought maybe these were quilts you'd made long ago and maybe you'd give me one. ;-)
I LOVE them all! Like you, especially the 1st and the 3rd. Maybe I should make one.
-Sister