Friday, July 25, 2008

Personality

So, I followed the link on Sarah's blog to take a personality test.  I like how the results make everything sound positive.  In my current frame of mind, I expected the test to come back saying--"Find a mental health provider, FAST!!!"  

I've done several of these personality tests over the past few years as part of a program I participated in at work.  They are interesting and fun.  My favorite was one that showed I knew myself--that I had a good "self-concept." As part of this "leadership training program" we had to meet with a professional from human resources to get the results of that particular test.   She asked what I thought my strengths and weaknesses were, and then laughed as she revealed that my verbal answers matched the results of the multiple choice test I'd taken earlier perfectly.   She had been very careful to start the session with a long explanation about how although the tests can be useful, the process is not perfect and that one needs to take the results with a grain of salt.  I guess some of my colleagues had complained about the results of the test--didn't like what they revealed and were almost nasty about it.

Here are my results on this one:




You Are An ISTJ



The Duty Fulfiller

You are responsible, reliable, and hardworking - you get the job done.

You prefer productive hobbies, like woodworking or knitting.

Quiet and serious, you are well prepared for whatever life hands you.

Conservative and down-to-earth, you hardly ever do anything crazy.

In love, you are loyal and honest. If you commit yourself to someone, then you're fully committed.

For you, love is something that happens naturally. And you don't need romantic gestures to feel loved.

At work, you remember details well and are happy to take on any responsibility.

You would make a great business executive, accountant, or lawyer.

How you see yourself: Decisive, stable, and dependable

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Boring, conservative, and egotistical


This test says I "never do anything crazy"????   Really????   It says I see myself as "stable"???  Not right now!  Labels me a "duty fulfiller?"  Maybe that is why I feel so overwhelmed ...  

As part of my plan to cope with Alex, I've called a sitter for Sunday.  I need to be sure I take time for myself.  Get away from duty fulfillment for a few hours.   It probably won't hurt if I spend some of that time with Dave.  



 

No comments: