Friday, June 04, 2010

Alex is in Middle School!!


Today was Alex's last day of elementary school, and thus the last day of elementary school for our family.

It was bittersweet to watch him go through the ceremonies of the last day at our elementary school. DARE graduation was today also; that was different from last year. The children in the school line the halls and "clap out" all of the fifth graders. Each fifth grader is then given a chance to ring the old-fashioned school bell that sits at the entrance to the school. I think it is a great way to mark the end of the year and the transition from elementary school to middle school.

I let Alex pick our dinner for the evening. He wants to go to a fast food chain. Not my choice, but not my choice! Today is his day.

The photos are awful. I forgot camera and only had my phone. There was such a crowd I couldn't get a photo with Alex and the bell, just Alex and a tree limb. You get the idea--I hope.

No comments: