Friday, June 25, 2010

First tomatoes and Special Olympics


Two totally unrelated topics.

I found my first ripe cherry tomatoes yesterday. Four. I ate them in the garden. I don't think I even took two steps away from the plant. No sharing. No washing. Just warm, sweet bliss.

Joseph and Alex will go to the Special Olympics State meet today. Joseph competes in track tomorrow; Alex in gymnastics tomorrow. Both will stay in the dorm for two nights and come home Sunday morning. This is the first time Joseph will sleep away from both of us at the same time. It is time for this milestone, but it is hard for me. Joseph will probably be just fine as long as he has Bear. Alex has been to a one night school sleepover and a neighbor's for a sleepover, but two nights and a whole day will be a big deal. He has been clingy. Again, it is good for him to have some independence, but may be difficult. I'm not sure which I worry about more? Maybe I should just worry about me. We will go watch them compete, but will need to split up because they compete at the same time.

No comments: