Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dave and Alex at Camp

Joseph and I are having a quiet evening at home by ourselves.  Alex and Dave are on an overnight camp.  The entire 4th grade goes to a nearby camp for two days, one night.  Alex was SOOOOO excited last night I doubted he would sleep at all.  My guess is he won't sleep very much tonight either.  Hopefully, they run them until they are exhausted.  We didn't think we should send Alex on the trip if Dave didn't go along--or the teachers were really going to have to keep an eye on him.  I thought he would have been pretty scared to be away from home and in a strange place--even if he were with friends and familiar teachers.   So, bless Dave's heart for going.  He will not get much sleep, I bet.  He and another adult will be in charge of a cabin of 12 boys.  On the other hand, I'm in charge of a house with one!

My sad post from the weekend scored a phone call from my sister, so I guess it was worth it to 'fess up to honest feelings.  

I've been living up to my domestic disaster name.  Last Friday I came home from work to two loads of clean laundry in baskets in the middle of the kitchen that had been there, waiting to be folded for at least 2 days.  I made a decent meal on Saturday evening, but Sunday and Monday meals were barely edible--or I guess Monday was edible, but came from a pizza shop.  I got home from work at 6 PM, nothing was thawed, and I thought I should help stimulate the failing economy by buying pizza...

I'm going right now to thaw something to make for dinner tomorrow.  Dave deserves a nice meal!!!

No comments: